Selling Your Home
One of the things we ask your help on is putting the home in “showing” condition. You will never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Here are some simple ways to display your home at full advantage:
- Make a good first impression. Start with your lawn-the first thing the prospective buyers see. Keep your lawn fertilized, trimmed and edged. Snow and ice should be removed from sidewalks and steps.
- The front door welcomes the prospect. It should be clean and freshly painted.
- Decorating helps assure top dollar and a quick sale. Faded walls worn and scratched woodwork reduces appeal.
- Clean sparkling windows lets the light shine in.
- A clean kitchen is a must! Buyers judge the housekeeping by the oven and stove. Kitchen cabinets and counter tops should be clean and tidy.
- Sparkling bathrooms! Repair caulking and remove soap scum and stains. Fixtures should be polished and free of water marks. Keep your bathroom smelling fresh.
- Brighten your home by opening window treatments, turn on lights.
- Repair what is broken! Drippy faucets, peeling paint. Minor flaws in your home suggest neglect. Have them fixed.
- Check major appliances. Drain your water heater to remove rust, change the furnace filter, oil squeaky fans.
- Keeps pets out of the way.
- Silence is Golden! Be courteous and friendly, and not too conversational with a potential buyer. They are there to inspect your home.
With the following: If at all possible, it is better to not be present when potential buyers view the property. Let your Tache Real Estate sales agent answer their questions and Sell Your Home!
- Use a Taché Real Estate sales agent. Our marketing programs are so innovative and successful that they have become the benchmark for the competition to match. Each program is custom designed to assure sellers that their homes receive the best possible exposure, showcased on its own pedestal, to help it sell in the shortest amount of time, for the best possible price.
Marketing and selling your home requires more than placing an ad in the newspaper. Someone needs to be available on a full time basis for showings, to be familiar with contracts, and perhaps most important of all, to be an objective party to help you handle negotiations in order to get the best price and terms possible. That’s why your best bet is to list your home with a full service real estate agency like Taché Real Estate. For more information about selling your property, contact us today or submit the form below.